its always great to give a donation.
i have donated money to programmers....
usually because i make use of the software or feel they are providing a valuable free service.  do you think they get a lot of donations?  not usually.... i bet even Bram of BitTorrent barely got much donations and we all know how useful that technology is.
Though he is well off now!

most video, even rboom video, loses value once it leaves the lot (car purchase analogy).
some provide valuable info, training or.... stimulation.  those are able to sustain value over time.
so:
the video should have a long-term value
if not a daily type of show.
otherwise, it could be great 'art' that you see and love but dont purchase off the wall.

sull

On 1/6/06, Pete Prodoehl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Nerissa (TheVideoQueen) wrote:

>   donations don't work--ask anyone in this group with a donation button on their site.

I've gotten one donation. It worked quite well. It made me feel that the
person really valued what I did, and though it wasn't a huge amount, I
added it to the funds to get myself one of those cheapy digital video
cameras.

So that one donation had a huge impact, maybe not financially, but
motivationally...

Thanks!

Pete

--