This little widget inserts a graphic meter of your page rank directly on your home page...

http://www.mypagerank.net/

On 1/6/06, Michael Sullivan <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
http://www.google-pagerank.net/index.php
to find out yours.

On 1/6/06, Joe Chapuis < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> what is google pr7?

Oh, sorry about that. PR refers to "page rank." It helps determines
how well a site ranks in Google's search results.

It's on scale from 0 to 10. When it comes to other sites linking to
you, the higher their PR score, the better it is for you as a web
site owner.

More incoming links from high PR sites = more quality traffic for
you.

A better explanation:
http://www.iprcom.com/papers/pagerank/

And from google...
------------------------
PageRank Technology: PageRank performs an objective measurement of
the importance of web pages by solving an equation of more than 500
million variables and 2 billion terms. Instead of counting direct
links, PageRank interprets a link from Page A to Page B as a vote
for Page B by Page A. PageRank then assesses a page's importance by
the number of votes it receives.

PageRank also considers the importance of each page that casts a
vote, as votes from some pages are considered to have greater value,
thus giving the linked page greater value. Important pages receive a
higher PageRank and appear at the top of the search results.
Google's technology uses the collective intelligence of the web to
determine a page's importance. There is no human involvement or
manipulation of results, which is why users have come to trust
Google as a source of objective information untainted by paid
placement.
----------------------

best,
joe
www.hotbizz.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Josh Leo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> what is google pr7?
>
> On 1/6/06, Joe Chapuis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Hey Steve -
> >
> > What a pleasant surprise to stumble upon your review of my vlog
on the
> > front page of http://wearethemedia.com/. (And a link from a site
with
> > a Google PR7, nonetheless - wonderful!)
> >
> > I appreciate your comments/feedback. It isn't easy getting
started in
> > this medium. Your article is just what I needed to keep me moving
> > forward - especially when it seems like my family and friends
are the
> > only ones watching ; )
> >
> > It looks like you picked-up my press release somewhere. I'm
curious,
> > how did you stumble upon it?
> >
> > FYI to all: www.prweb.com is a great way to generate quick
traffic,
> > new interest and some quality incoming links. I chose the $80
package.

> > Thanks again...
> > joe
> > www.HotBizz.com

t=ms&k=Individual&w1=Individual&w2=Fireant&w3=Use&w4=Explains&c=4&s=5
2&.sig=_ypWGVVDWUSpuxYaJQCHhA>
> > Fireant<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Fireant&w1=Individual&w2=Fireant&w3=Use&w4=Explains&c=4&s=52&.
sig=ZN1ChvogeamDt5UU6pqRYQ>
> > Use<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Use&w1=Individual&w2=Fireant&w3=Use&w4=Explains&c=4&s=52&.sig=
JJpiF0el7XIZm7_UQJThew>
> > Explains<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Explains&w1=Individual&w2=Fireant&w3=Use&w4=Explains&c=4&s=52&
.sig=UJhUAw_ybLAhU1YhEOb9AA>
> >     [EMAIL PROTECTED]<videoblogging-
[EMAIL PROTECTED] >

> >    -  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
> >    Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.
> >

> >  ------------------------------
> >

> --
> Josh Leo