Amen.

On Jan 7, 2006, at 4:54 AM, Adam Quirk wrote:

if you want to make a 'show' then make a fucking show
do what you're doing
and have a fucking ball doing so
like most people do when they get into this game
it's a fucking blast to put your little videos up on the internet
and fuck the naysayers about talking heads etc. or how videoblogging will never make money
it's NOT IMPORTANT
do whatever the fuck you feel like doing, all the time
that is important
this INternet is all about personal freedom
especially and MOST importantly posting whatever the fuck retarded 3 second videoclip you just shot of your lawn sprinkler.
it doesn't matter
it doesn't matter
it doesn't matter
not everyone is here to impress people

I am.
but that's just me.
and some other people are too.
but not everyone in this space is here to change minds, or make "ART", whatever the fucking hell that is.
videoblogging to me is about learning the medium
distributing short videos in blog form
regularly
or at least semi-regularly
like a blog
and you, like your audience, and sometimes simultaneously, learn from each video, and from the progression of videos.

and all the criticism about what's "good"and what's "not good" can come later.
and it will, because when you put your video blog online, that is saying "hello, these are some videos I've done, please comment on them", and sometimes people will give honest opinions that you won't enjoy, like, "Hey, that was the most boring thing I've ever seen.  thanks for wasting my time."

etc.etc.etc. ad infinitum

but i'll repeat this part cause it's the best, and I'm a self-referencing robot so I'm good at it:
distributing short videos in blog form
regularly
or at least semi-regularly
like a blog
and you, like your audience, and sometimes simultaneously, learn from each video, and from the progression of videos.

whatever,
AQ

Individual Fireant Use
Explains