On 1/10/06, Michael Sullivan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
the first porn sites were added to vlogdir.com last week.
that prompted me to add an Adult Content category.

I think categorization is a good yes, isn't that also censorship? labelling?  It's tough to make everyone happy isn't it?

i can add a custom wrapper on that category to do a number of things... such as warnings, agreements and so-called age check, access restriction until a request is made to gain access, or do nothing (current status).

i just have not made a final decision yet.  i think it may depend on the type of porn site... the ones added to vlogdir.com were typical porn sites with a front being a videoblog... as a teaser... which lead you into joining as a member etc....
other sites may just be adult content, some porny stuff, but not that typical porn network concept.

too busy to put effort into any one approach here... but soon i will make some sort of adjustment WITHOUT censoring honest works.
this may include 'the video stores back porn room' approach.... getting in may require a request to adjust member permissions.

i know sites like the one added to vlogdir dont give a shit about vlogging... there just trying to make money.  i dont feel much concern for them...
but stuff like madge puts out... that HAS a place here!

I agree, those teasers are not videoblogs and have no place.  Even though I was being slightly verbally abused in his latest podcast, he does have good points and the bottom line is that he is a videoblogger/podcaster.

sull