Obviously I'm out of town when this thread hits...

Yes, I entirely agree with where this ended up. Flash is not an
end-all-be-all -- there is *no* end-all-be-all.

And I agree, innovation in this area is not done, it's barely started.
Needless to say, we've got cool stuff on the go. =) The mantra we keep
slamming -- "*do* something with video" -- is more than a hypeline, I
live/breathe/sleep that every day (more than I care to actually admit);
that being said, not every method is for everyone. Lots of folks are
format zealots, and I totally appreciate that. This is why I usually do
my talkbacks on most threads directly to folks.. I don't want to feel
like I'm cramming some company line (format, the "right way" etc) down
anyone's throat. Folks SHOULD and ARE trying different methods,
services, formats, etc out, and I am totally supportive of other folks
in the space who provide different, meaningful and valuable tools to the
community... as I've said a few times, I personally (heart) blip,
vlogdir, fireant, mefeedia and ourmedia/IA, and would love to work more
with these folks.