I got my Kitkast field correspondent Parker into the AVN Adult
Entertainment Expo last weekend and I was told that I must make sure
he had official press credentials.  When I mentioned it was a
video-podcast he said that they don't admit a lot of bloggers/vloggers
and that I would have to prepare a professional-quality package with
the following items:

- Letter from Kitkast to confirm that Parker was a field correspondent;
- A description of the show (printed from web was fine);
- Printed shownotes;
- Business card;
- Video footage of the show (Parker supplied this on his video iPod).

When Parker registered he said he had no problem getting in and that
the registration desk even complimented him on how professional the
package was.

The best thing for you to do is get in contact with the media
registration before you fly out to wherever the conference is... and
make sure that they will allow professional quality videoblog media.
Besides, there might be something specific that they will require for
you to get in.  Communication is key.

Go and have a great time!
Kitka

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Julian Doncaster \(Yahoo1\)"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> A question for those vlogging at the CES.
>
> Did you just turn up and do it, or is it better to go for press
credentials? Have you had any problems with companies not wanting to
be put on video - on the one hand it could be good publicity, on the
other you could be a competitor.

> On a broader note, has anyone experience of the difference between a
public show like the CES and closed "trade only" shows.

> I'm looking for stories - I haven't done it myself yet, but might
consider doing a vid of a tradeshow I am at next month.