Try downloading Quicktime again, 7.0.4 came out this week for Mac and PC.

In my early testing on the Mac, QT7.0.4 had faster ipod export option,
much faster, jsut about to try it on the PC.

I dont know what else has changed, other than some hideous music store
window on the library page in itunes.

I never had Windows XP & Firefox & Quicktime problems when using
7.0.3. Just got a new PC this week so fresh install of WInXP with all
the latest updates, latest firefox. With QT 7.0.3 I couldnt get
rocketboom to crash, but it isnt in h264 format either, so Kitkas
problem isnt the same as Davids.

Who knows, 7.0.4 might have fixed the problem, it might be something
else installed on your PC thats causing the problem, or it could even
be something obscure like the graphics card drivers (try updating them
if you know what yer doing with that sort of thing).

Steve of Elbows

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Michael Sullivan
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> yes.
> i've made mention of this before too.
> totally confused me... i couldnt figure out why it was happening or
how it
> was fixed for me,  also had some issues with java and firefox.  I
think it
> comes down to memory usage... maybe a leak.  maybe not.
>
> Installing QT7 and using Firefix turned into a nightmare for me...
and these
> are two programs that I always rave about, so it really bothered me.
>
> I think newer versions of firefox are more buggy with plugins (media
> players, java..).
>
> Right now, things are running ok together... but if I have many
firefox tabs
> opened with some media playing in a few... a crash is inevitable.
>
> still, i cannot use IE... i just hate it's imperfections.  Maybe
vista shit
> will be better.
>
> sull
>

> On 1/11/06, David Howell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Does any one have all that are in the subject line and have problems
> > with Firefox crashing when opening a video encoded with H.264?
> >
> > I do and it's really ticking me off.
> >
> > Internet Explorer works fine. It's just Firefox.
> >
> > Anyone know what is causing this and why?
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >

> --
> sull
> "The hybrid or the meeting of two media is a moment of truth and
revelation
> from which new form is born"
> http://vlogdir.com - The Videoblog Directory
> http://videobloggers.org - Free Videoblog Hosting / Vlogosphere