--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "cooper3acd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So, other than the fact it's slightly creepy to think that they know
> that much about you, what's so evil about that?

Who said evil? If Yahoo wants to provide a free service to users to sell
adspace, so be it.
Like you said, we all use Yahoo Groups. I just don't want to give them all that
extra info
about me just because I belong to a listserv. That's an awful lot of info to
have, let alone
access, just for providing a listserv service. If others don't have an issue
with Yahoo having
access to their internet ramblings, no matter, but it's good to know what they
have access
to and how to prevent that if it's not the kind of access you feel is warranted
just by
providing a listserv service. And anyway, whether it's a question of being evil
or not, Yahoo
and most other corps 'll take whatever they can get so long as they can get
away with
taking it. You could just call it setting boundaries, like in any other kind of
relationship.

-- Lisa