Hi folks,

It's been a ton of fun here at Macworld, with some of the usual suspects
pimpin' vloggin
and various products and such. Wish all of you could have been here.

With that, I wanna pimp something I'm pretty proud of, especially in light of
all the recent
debates on flash video and RSS and such.

Over at Audioblog.com, we've enabled folks to upload video and post it to their
blog via a
flash player. And because of that, I've generally been reluctant to make too
much noise
about it here (well that, and I don't wanna be too spammy-- don't worry, I
won't start :P )

Yesterday, we turned on some new features including, enabling links to the
video file to
appear under the flash player (this is for the feedburner follks). Or, you
could just upload
video and post it directly to a pure RSS feed.

The other thing is that we'll on-the-fly transcode pretty much any video format
into
Quicktime, ready to go for the video-capable iPod.

I tend to believe we *can* have it both ways. Most visitors click the flash
player on my site
(especially first time ones), as well as folks who want to be able to take the
video with
them, watch it where ever, or do whatever with it (since I'm encouraging of
remix/mashup
culture from time to time). I'm just happy I don't have to hack it manually,
and it's all on-
the-fly.

It took a little longer than expected, however, I'm okay with that. I hope it
works flawlessly
for any of you as it has for us assaulting it with sledgehammers and
flamethrowers during
testing. :-)

Thanks for the good words and support we've received this far. The servers are
running a
bit on the hot side, but we're on the case.

Cheers,

Eric Rice
audioblog.com
ericrice.com