I posted a note about this 4 days ago. More about it here: http://space.com/missionlaunches/060114_fireball_watch.html

We are overcast with light rain in the SF Bay Area, so I think my chances are low for this  :(

Hope some of you have a clear shot of it.

On 1/14/06, Andy Carvin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Some of you may have been following the NASA Stardust mission, which
launched a problem to intercept a comet, capture comet dust, and return
it to earth. The probe is expected to crash through the atmosphere and
land in the Nevada desert. It's expected to streak through the sky
around 1:50am Pacific time early Sunday morning, and should be viewable
in Oregon, northern California, northern Nevada, and perhaps parts of
Idaho and Washington state. For about 5-10 minutes, it will be the
brightest thing in the sky.

Yesterday on CNN, Miles O'Brian was talking with astronomer Jack
Horkheimer about the mission, and he said that NASA was hoping to get
volunteers to capture the probe on video as it careens across the sky.
They're interested in shooting footage from as many angles as possible,
recording the time and location of each sighting.

This seems like a fascinating opportunity for vloggers; the only thing
is that I haven't been able to confirm this anywhere. The official NASA
Stardust website doesn't mention any request for volunteer
videographers, and my emails to NASA reps haven't been returned.
Nonetheless, for those of you in the northwest US, it might be a cool
opportunity to shoot some fake UFO footage. :-)

Here's the official NASA website, in case you're interested.

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/stardust/main/index.html

ac

--
Andy Carvin