Josh, nice spending time with ya this week, but when you write:

>let's cut the guy a break.
He's listening and interacting here. That's the first step.
Legaleze like Terms Of Service agreements are hard to write. Nobody
knows what to do here, and paying lawyers to do this gets expensive...
and the lawyers can often come up with some draconian stuff anyway.
Usually people just copy TOS from other sites just to get it up and
get going. They often don't think about it and the users don't often
read it.

Not so fast. Look at Ourmedia's Terms of Service:

http://www.ourmedia.org/rules

The first line says:

1. You own your own material. Ourmedia claims no intellectual property
rights over the material you provide to our service.

Simple, straightforward. Who wrote it? Me, someone with no law degree.
Sure, a lawyer reviewed it afterward, but what your enterprise stands
for has to come down from the top.

Too many of us don't bother to read site TOS because we're trusting,
or think it won't affect us.  We need to get educated and push back
whenever we see outrageous terms such as these. Public exposure,
criticism and even ridicule are the first steps toward that end.

If I recall correctly, members of this list pushed back at BlipTV over
its original TOS, and they quickly revised them.

Let's see what YouAre.tv does in response. But I'd be surprised if
they follow Ourmedia's example.

jd lasica
ourmedia