Qmaster with FCP 5 only works with Motion and Compressor (as far as I
know) and won't get you any better render times if your computers are
connected on anything slower than gigabit eithernet and they have
simular processors. I tested it out with my G5 my old G4 and my wifes
iBook and it was slooooow--much slower than just compressing on a my
G% only. The ideal situation for doing this, I think, is if you have
access to several top of the line G5s. Then there might be a real
advantage to clustering. But for just good old FCP rendering, there
really is no advantage at all since clustered rendering isn't
supported at all.

Bill Streeter
LO-FI SAINT LOUIS
www.lofistl.com