They do allow editing the <head> of the page ... but ... yes that will
break permalinks. (and its not a sure thing)

Alternatively though, one could simply not redirect at all and instead
just put up a site-wide notice that new content is being published to
a new url and that bookmarks should be updated.

http://www.DavidMeade.com