> Saturday Night Live or The Daily Show can show clips from TV shows
> because they're commending on or parodying the content of those clips.
> So comment or satire makes these copyrighted clips fair game, is that
> right?
>
> And if SNL and Jon Stewart can do it, can't vloggers do likewise?

Quoted from http://www.soundexchange.com/licensing101.html#a19

'The "fair use" doctrine of federal law is rather complicated.
Basically, "fair use" limits the extent of the property interest
granted to a copyright holder. For example, "fair use" might allow
individuals to quote from copyrighted material when the quoted excerpt
is used for teaching, research, news reporting, comment, criticism or
parody.'

As far as I can tell, yes.  Notice the use of the world
"individuals"... just like Jon Stewart, vloggers are individuals.

Kitka