I don't think I've seen the episode with the Clerks2 reference but in past episodes, uses of other peoples work has been used in reference to news or critisism, no different than rocketboom's usage.

On 1/19/06, Andreas Haugstrup <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 19:56:45 +0100, Ms. Kitka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Look people... I've used short clips of video and music under Fair Use
> and have not infringed on anyone's copyrights.  All clips (and notice
> I use the word 'clips' because I have never used someone else's work
> in full, only in part under Fair Use) are used for news and criticism.

Just to clarify (I haven't seen your videoblog). Works have to be the
subject of the news or criticism to be considered fair use. E.g.
background music used in a book review is not fair use - quoting the book
is.

- Andreas
--

Individual Fireant Use