Hello folks,

I'm just sending an update on the Intel Mexico Videoblogging Contest, we have a couple of good news.

First of all, the project was officially opened for participants to send in their work last Sunday 15th.

But now comes the best part: the project team decided to adopt an open border policy, so every Spanish-speaking (and Spanish-producing) vlogger in the world can register and participate.

Besides all this, we're already planning to replicate the contest in Latin American countries / regions during the present year.

This is the URL of the contest: http://intel.luzcamaraenter.com
Luz. Cámara. Enter. Primer Concurso Intel de Videoblogs
(Lights. Camera. Enter. Intel's First Videoblogging Contest)

Seems like I missed some previous comments, some of you were wondering about what could be the motivations for Intel to do this. I'll try to do my best to give you an answer:

Please bear in mind that I'm not an Intel employee, I'm partner and project head in the agency Intel selected to develop the project.

It's not an internal "good will" group. It's the Digital Home team (http://www.intel.com/personal/digital_home/) and among other "more traditional" projects, we developed this contest to encourage the production of digital content that can be enjoyed in a Digital Home and enhance the experience of the users of Intel technologies. The prizes are financial support and equipment for the best ones, as we aim to provide support for valuable projects, versus handing out gifts. It's a good first step, if I can "sound" unbiased.

That's all on my side, until next time.
Andres Bianciotto