Clearly this is a newbie question of epic proportion but...

Animation tips?  I'm suffering huge fits of jealousy as I view other
vlogs that have some wonderful animations and was hoping for maybe a
smattering of urls to handy animation tip sites tutorials etcetera.
Currently I'm using Adobe premier elements and sometimes movie maker
when making my things. Dunno if I need to be using a specific program
to do animations.

Essentially I'm totally lost here. Somebody throw me a rope?

Thanks ever so,
Lis