If you have the money that's a great camera. You could do a lot worse.
But it also depends on what kind of stuff you'll be shooting. For
personal video diary stuff most people find video enabled digital
still cameras adequate. If this is the kind of stuff you plan on doing
the DVX is way over kill. If you are doing more produced kind of stuff
the DVX is great. But it still might be overkill if you are doing web
only stuff. I've been eyeing the Panasonic PV-GS400 as I have read
some really good things about it and it's very well priced. But if I
had something like a daily personal diary video blog I'd be looking at
digi still cameras. I couldn't afford tape for a daily vlog.

Bill Streeter
LO-FI SAINT LOUIS
www.lofistl.com