> I can't speak for Ulead, but I suspect, like Vegas, only quicktime 6 is
> implemented at present,. No doubt  QT7 will be added in the future, but possibly in
> a costly upgrade.
>
> While there are definitely superior editing products to WMM, you likely will still be
> best off re-exporting to DV and then converting that to in QT Pro or similar.
>
> joly

Ulead VS offers 22 customizable codecs for their mov output. Including mp4 and H.263 at no additional cost. So I suspect Ulead is up to date with QT version 7. If you'll tell me how to find this out I'll post answer to the list. But I can tell you that Ulead won't make you buy the software again for updating codecs.

Nerissa

P.S. - Ulead also has customizable presets for various mobile and cell devices for their wmv and mp4 formats.  And several animation formats and audio formats that no other ve software offers to my knowledge. Ulead also handles < 30 fps video made from still cameras better than most other VEs as well as has the largest import formats options than any other ve I am aware of.

Nerissa Oden
http://TheVideoQueen.com
http://FreeMediaGuide.com
http://FreeVideoCoding.com