Would I be splitting hairs if I asked about what the difference is between
targeting
vloggers and targeting people want to publish shit?

Hmm.

ER

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Michael Sullivan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> [...]
>
> sull
>
> On 1/24/06, Michael Verdi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > I don't know the YouTube people and I don't have anything against them
> > personally, but I wish they would change some things about their service. So
> > I'm writing this in the hope that it will generate some back and forth
> > conversation that they might consider. I'm also writing this to try to
> > understand where people who use YouTube are coming from because Ryanne and I
> > are starting to talk about changes and updates to Freevlog and we get lots
> > of "new vlog" emails pointing to YouTube user pages or Blogger blogs full of
> > YouTube video.
> >
> > So my basic issues with the service as it is right now are:
> > 1. The Terms of Use. Specifically, "For clarity, you shall retain all of
> > your ownership rights in your User Submissions. However, by submitting the
> > User Submissions to YouTube, you hereby grant YouTube a worldwide,
> > non-exclusive, fully paid-up, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual,
> > sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute,
> > prepare derivative works of, display, perform and otherwise exploit the User
> > Submissions in connection with the YouTube Website and YouTube's (and its
> > successor's) business, including without limitation for promoting and
> > redistributing part or all of the YouTube Website (and derivative works
> > thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels." The way I
> > read that is you are giving them the right to do whatever they want with
> > your work - even profit from it or licensce it to someone else - without
> > necessarily including you in the deal. Am I misinterpreting this?
> >
> > 2. The other issue I have with YouTube is that videos don't work in an
> > aggregator like FireAnt. I think this is a really important issue. As we get
> > more and more vlog content online and as more people become comfortable
> > using RSS, aggregators will (they are this for me now) be the primary way of
> > interacting with videoblogs for many people.
> >
> > Personally I would also like to see that logo disappear from everyone's
> > video and for the videos to work on mobile devices but they're not
> > dealbreakers.
> >
> > If YouTube allowed you to select a license - copyright, creative commons,
> > whatever - and they respected it and if the videos would work in an
> > aggregator we could quit discouraging people from using it. In the end I
> > don't care where people host their media I just wonder why people are
> > choosing YouTube given these issues. So for you YouTube users out there, why
> > do you use it? I know some people like Bill (Lo-Fi STL) were using it as a
> > free Flash transcoder while still offering a quicktime download link and an
> > RSS feed. I can get that. What about others? Is it that you didn't know
> > about the issues I bring up? Or maybe those issues aren't important to you?
> > Or is there something else about the service that gives it value for you?

t=ms&k=Individual&w1=Individual&w2=Fireant&w3=Use&w4=Explains&c=4&s=52&.sig=
_ypWGVVDWUSpuxYaJQCHhA>
> > Fireant<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Fireant&w1=Individual&w2=Fireant&w3=Use&w4=Explains&c=4&s=52&.sig=ZN
1ChvogeamDt5UU6pqRYQ>
> > Use<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Use&w1=Individual&w2=Fireant&w3=Use&w4=Explains&c=4&s=52&.sig=JJpiF0
el7XIZm7_UQJThew>
> > Explains<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Explains&w1=Individual&w2=Fireant&w3=Use&w4=Explains&c=4&s=52&.sig=U
JhUAw_ybLAhU1YhEOb9AA>
> >      [EMAIL PROTECTED]<videoblogging-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]>