Wow, perhaps this is Quicktime DRM. Its the first file I have seen that did not reveal the source data in the video properties window.

On Jan 29, 2006, at 7:54 PM, Ted Tagami wrote:

it might be a real stream. I am not sure of the redirect. Essentially there is a great clip of Al Gore's speech on MLK's Birthday that I wanted to save:

http://interface.audiovideoweb.com/lnk/avwebdsnjquick4768/dspan/acs_gore.mov/play.qtl

On 1/29/06, Andreas Haugstrup <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 21:04:40 +0100, Ted Tagami <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote:

> I need to go the other way around. I am watching a .qtl and want to save
> as
> a .mov. I have QT pro and have tried every option under save or export
> and
> end up with large files of nothing! There must be something I am missing?

Are you getting the info from a real stream (rtsp://) or just a .qtl
download? If you've just downloaded a .qtl file from the web somewhere
just rename it to .mov like Andrew said. If you're getting the info from a
stream (*not* a fast start movie) then I don't know if renaming will work.

- Andreas