FYI according to my EyeTV2 Export software, the maximum dimension of
a 3x4 video that will still play on a video capable iPod are

544 x 408 @ 198 KB/sec

and for a 16x9 video (ie HDV 1080i source)

640 x 360 @ 198 KB/sec

This may have already been covered before as I do not read many of
these posts. But I do have notes where max dimensions were thought to
be a little smaller. Just in case you are trying to post video that
will still play on an iPod but also scale up to a TV much better than
320 x 240 will these appear to be the real maximums. It may have
something to do with BOTH dimensions and bit rate. But all of the
above exports from EyeTV2 copy and play on the Video iPod. They
amount to over 10 MB a minute. So any insight to what happens when
you lower the bitrate to 5 MB a minute (or about 100 KB/sec) would be
appreciated.

I'm gonna get back to much lower rates soon. I can't see offering
anything more than 1 or 2 MB a minute as long as my form remains
long. But I think short form is worth 5 MB a minute for sure.

Man do we need more computing power or what? Exporting off air
digital movies and shows for the iPod even at 10 MB a minute takes
MANY HOURS on a dual 2.5 G5. Interesting thing is that different
broadcasters are transmitting different bit rates and the lower bit
rate recordings export much faster than the bloated ones. In my
market - Salinas, Monterey, Santa Cruz - the digital broadcasters are
transmitting HD rates even when they are only transmitting SD. Only
the PBS affiliate transmits at much more efficient and lower bit
rates that look in SD just as good as the NBC, CBS and FOX affiliate
bloated SD transmissions.

Anyone else here studying the digital broadcast signals in their air
with EyeTV2 hooked to an EyeTV 500 receiver?

--
Taylor Barcroft http://www.blogger.com/profile/11159903
New Media Publisher, Editor, Video Journalist, Podcaster, Futurecaster