Umm I don't think anyone is trying to make a "quick" buck. And even
if say Rocketboom made some money I doubt that it could be
considered quick at this point. We're talking about sustainability
here. Not get rich quick schemes. They've been at it for over a year
with no revenue. So you don't think that anyone should say even be
able to recoup production or bandwidth costs some how (and I'm not
talking about just advertising--subscription or donation models
could work too)? Why would you think that? How about if someone is
able to make a living for themselves doing something they love to do
and are good at? Isn't it better that people have these
opportunities to make a living doing creative work they enjoy than
to have to support themselves by doing work that they wouldn't
necessarily choose if they didn't need to support themselves?

I guess my question is why are you so opposed to anyone making any
money off of his or her own work? Do you believe in paying for
anything ever?

Bill Streeter
LO-FI SAINT LOUIS
www.lofistl.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "David Howell"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> $0.00
>
> I already pay enough for cable TV and I am overrun with
advertising there.

> No amount of debate from anyone voicing the virtues of making a
quick
> buck from their online videos is going to change my opinion. Insert
> the ads in the beginning, in the middle, in the end. I dont care.
All
> I know is that if I come across a vlog, choose to watch a video,
and
> there is a commercial in it, I wont watch that persons video again.
>
> Any one that thinks this is a great and fantastic idea...all the
more
> power to ya. To each their own I guess.
>
> I'll sign off this conversation now...
>
> Boy the way Glen Miller played,
> Songs that made the hit parade,
> Guys like us we had it made,
> Those were the days.
>
> And you know where you were then,
> Girls were girls and men were men,
> Mister we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again.
>
> Didn't need no welfare states,
> Everybody pulled his weight,
> Gee our old Lasalle ran great,
> Those were the days!
>
> David
> http://www.taoofdavid.com
>
> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Streeter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > How much would you pay for an ad free version of a video blog
you
> > really enjoyed?
> >
> > Bill
> >
> > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "David Howell"
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > I've read the terms.
> > >
> > > You know...maybe this isnt such a bad thing? All those people
out
> > > there that dislike advertising on the internet
> > > (http://adblock.mozdev.org/ et al) may just stop visiting
vloggers
> > > sites with in-video ads and they will all go to those that
arent
> > > showing ads.
> > >
> > > Yes. This may be a good thing.
> > >
> > > David
> > > http://www.taoofdavid.com
> > >
> > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Ms. Kitka"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
> > ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:11&item=5661816188

> > videoblog,
> > their
> > actually

> > They