First of all, congratulations Josh on your well-deserved attention recently. I really enjoyed listening to this one.

With respect to the current guy, my feeling is that he's talking about delivery devices and not content, and that, this won't be relevant in (I hope) the near future. It's all going to merge (meaning the delivery devices). In JD Lassica's Darknet he talked about the fact that children below a certain age have trouble making distinctions between television and computers and other delivery devices.

It's my belief that some time there will be a point, where TV will just be a big delivery device and it will be seemless to subscribe to the video within a video blog (lord knows what it will be called) and watch it on TV. Of course, there are all sorts of issues about how the text part would be displayed, if at all, and what the differences are between the content/mechanisms/and models associated with the stuff that is currently displayed on TV vs computers, but the devices themselves I think will merge.

... Richard