I've been meaning to make this post for a week or two, I suppose, and
I'm not even sure who cares... but I wanted to post a paragraph or two
about what's been up with me lately in relation to videoblogging.

My downward slide started with my most recent videoblogging
presentation at the apple store.  The girl before me teaches iTunes,
and last time they gave me a pretty good lead-in... she had about
twenty people standing around listening to her, and instead of a
lead-in, when she was done she said "thanks for coming" and basically
walked away.  Everyone left.  After that, I suppose I wasn't
interesting enough to attract more than one or two random people that
were walking through the store.  Afterwards she apologized to me--she
said she didn't realize I was up next--but it didn't matter.  For some
stupid reason, I let that day crush me almost to the point of tears.

They had said they wanted to videoblogging thing to be a once-a-month
gig--great, no problem.  Then I got an email saying that February was
pushed away from me because of some special presentation on my
Saturday.  Then I got an email a couple weeks ago saying the manager
wanted to make my class half iLife--fine, I can learn that, or someone
else can teach it.  Then I got another email this week saying they
want me to run my presentation pretty much just on the Mac platform.
My fault, I guess, for thinking I belonged in an Apple store.  I
haven't replied to their email, and don't think I will either.

Videoblogging has been a love-hate thing with me.  I love to do it,
but I hate the fact that it's hard to find people in my area that I
can hang out with, that I can discuss videoblogging with.  They're
just not here.  Sure--I have my new friend Greta--and she's having fun
with it, making maybe a post a week--but the "passion"s not there,
know what I mean?  Plus--she's on a Mac.  It's like Spain Spanish and
Mexican Spanish.  We share a similar interest, but not a similar platform.

Then I decided to sell my Sony M1 camera on ebay.  I upgrade my camera
about once a year--but this was the first time I ever decided to take
the leap into the miniDV realm.  My cam sold for about $100 less than
I hoped--which is pretty much my fault, I guess--and I bought a Canon
ZR600, which at first glance was a great improvement... until my PC
crashed, and crashed, and crashed.  From reformatting my hard drive
and rebuilding windows, to swapping out firewire cards and hard
drives, we'd tried just about everything... then last night, my
three-day-old camcorder's screen turned black with white lines and
ceased to work.  Today my husband's bringing the thing back to the
store for a refund.

So that leaves me where I am today--a little crushed inside, without a
camcorder to vlog with at all, and with a vlog that I truly love but
don't have the means to update, not counting old home movies I have.

Thanks for letting me rant, guys... I just seriously need some kind of
pick-me-up right now.

Susan
http://vlog.kitykity.com