--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Ms. Kitka" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If I right-click on it I can select "Open with" and then select
> "Quicktime"... but not everyone in the world knows about
> right-clicking (at least, I know my parents don't!).

You can change the default application for a file:
    1) Right-click and select Properties.
    2) For Opens with: click the [Change...] button
    3) Look for "Quicktime Player" (or whichever application you prefer.)
    4) Make sure "Always use the selected to open this kind of file"
is checked.
    5) Click "OK" buttons out.

You can do that on your parents machine and it will keep that default
(until possibly a new or reinstall of iTunes.)

  -- Enric
  -======-
  http://www.cirne.com
  Determine Media

> Either way, it's evil of them to code it so that it automatically
> opens in iTunes.  In Windows, iTunes is MUCH different... it's like a
> hyperactive child that forces you to pay attention to him (ie. it's
> difficult to use any other programs while iTunes is running).  The
> reason being that iTunes for Windows is programmed so that it has a
> whole bunch of redundant code to make it LOOK like it's being played
> on a Mac...
>
> This is why I hate the fact that the default program to open .m4v
> files is iTunes.
>
> Time to go home and edit.  Y'all have a great weekend!
> Kitka
>

> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Pete Prodoehl <raster@> wrote:
> >
> > Ms. Kitka wrote:
> > > Word.  Everyone keeps telling me that I should buy a Mac... as if
> > > working on a superpowerful Dell PC is a bad thing.  Apparently,
Robert
> > > Rodriguez works on a PC, so that makes me feel a little less like an
> > > outcast.
> > >
> > > The reason I hate .m4v files so much is for the sole reason that the
> > > default settings opens it in iTunes.  For the last time, Mr. Jobs, I
> > > DON'T WANT TO USE iTUNES TO WATCH VIDEO CONTENT!!!
> >
> > Isn't this easy to change in Windows... It's pretty simple on a
Mac. ;)