If you like "Best Week Ever" -- which has its moments for me but I
never record it or remember to catch it -- you might like "Best Night
Ever."  But maybe not.  Can they keep it fresh?  Can they keep it
interesting?  They've got one advantage over me and other video
bloggers like RB, Kitka, Steve Garfield, Moments Showing, etc.
They've got more money.  But that doesn't mean they've got better
ideas, personality, writing.  They'll have higher production value
(sets, locations, sound, lighting, etc) but they may not be able to
translate that into audience.  I think so much depends on the value
of the content.  Viewers of video blogs are willing to accept lower
production value for more personal, more independent, offbeat,
quirky, honest, edgy, sexy material -- or whatever it is the Internet
video users is searching for.  Some part of me instinctively flinches
at the entrance of established commercial media, but another part of
me thinks: bring it on.  You guys make such terrible, mediocre crap,
come on to my playing field and let's rumble.  In the end the
commercial media entry into Internet video blogging may have a
salutory effect: ultimately it validates Internet video as a
worthwile market.

-David

www.captainhumphreys.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Pete Prodoehl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Another source of daily video:
>
> New VH1 Podcasts Give Viewers One More Way to Enjoy Its Top Shows
and
> Events. "Best Week Ever", VH1's highly popular series will jettison
into
> the world of podcasting with a nightly video podcast "Best Night
Ever".

> <URL:http://www.marketwatch.com/tools/quotes/newsarticle.asp?
g=FA5E4356B0CF4BC3A5653E53C863FB2C&siteid=mktw&dist=nbk>