On 2/9/06, B Yen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I like your ideas.
>
> Can you give us your video-blog URL, I'd like to check it out.

Sure-- it's http://mortaine.blogspot.com

Here's my post template (I hope this comes through as text and not HTML):
< a href="http://www.mortaine.com/HoldMyBeer/DayN.mp4";
rel="enclosure">< br />Click here for the movie! (MPEG-4 format)< /a>

< embed src="http://www.mortaine.com/HoldMyBeer/DayN.mp4"; width="320"
height="260" autostart="false">< /embed>

< noembed>< a href="http://www.mortaine.com/HoldMyBeer/DayN.mp4";>< img
src="http://www.mortaine.com/HoldMyBeer/DayN.jpeg"; width=640
height=480>< /a>< /noembed>

> Can you tell me what "link" field option in Blogger is?  Is it just
> using <a href="myvideo.mov">my video</a>, & Feedburner will pick it
> up?  That's what I've been using up to now..

It's actually easier than that, though you could also put a link at
the top of your entries (like I do in my post template) if you wanted
to do so.

In the other thread, I posted instructions for limiting Blogger to
showing just 1 day at a time. In the same settings (Formatting under
"Settings" tab), scroll down to "Show Link Field" and select Yes.

Then, in FeedBurner, turn on "SmartCast."

Make sure wherever you store your videos has the MIME type set up for
the video files correctly (needed no matter how you enclose them if
you use FeedBurner).

When you post your vlog, there will be an optional "Link" field in the
Blogger interface. Paste the URL of your video file there, in addition
to pasting it into your embedded tag.

> I was involved with an "A+B" LiveWebCast last weekend for the Parker
> 425 offroad race:
> You could select 4 vehicles to track, & see their icons move on the
> map.  When you clicked on one of them, there would be a screen giving
> driver name & other info ("Information").  There was also a link
> "Click HERE for pictures", which produces a pop-up screen of a
> Textamerica.com moblog for that driver.

Cool! I mean, racing isn't really my thing, but still neat!

> In this situation, with a lot of drivers, I think pop-up screens are
> appropriate.

Yeah, but my "post once a day" method might not work for you, either,
since you want multiple drivers available. One option would be to go
with your own blogging server of some kind, and then really just limit
it to one post per page, but then you're into blog servers and stuff.

> If you have any ideas along your line of "anti pop-up screen", I'm
> open to suggestion.  Our "test" at the Parker 425 attracted a LOT of
> favorable attention, & the word is big-time funding is very
> imminent.  Something like Rocketboom hopefully, or even bigger.
> Think NASCAR business-model: "a bilboard on 4 wheels", where every
> advertiser on the planet wants in for product-exposure.

One thing that you can do in your embedded videos is set the autoplay
to "no" so at least they won't all start playing when the page loads.
It still slows down the user's computer, but it won't also blare them
with sound and video unexpectedly.

> The above is a LiveWebCast using "Mobile Blogging" (aka moblogging)
> servers.

I moblog at http://mortaine.typepad.com (all my blogs are in a page
listed in my email signature). My moblog is video from my cell phone.
Unfortunately, the cell phone had to go back to Nokia for replacement,
because a key feature (MMS) didn't work on it.

> The
> niche-sports market I'm working in (Offroad Racing) has NO live-TV
> coverage, only  1 month tape-delayed episodes on an obscure/niche
> cable channel.  I think video-blogging (syndicated as a video-podcast
> over iTunes) could be the answer to Offroad Racing's longtime dilemma.

My husband doesn't do racing, but he's an offroader, and has mentioned
this lack of coverage in the past. Sadly, that's common with the less
"pro" sports.

> I talked to Technical Director of a major software firm (RealViz), &
> he told me 80% of their time is spent on UI..User Interface.  It has
> to be user-friendly to the target market.

This is very true. UI design is a huge industry.

--Stephanie

--
Stephanie Bryant
[EMAIL PROTECTED]