Bernie O, at HPU explained introvert and extroverts like this:

Introverts are very comfortable working inside their own bubble. It takes very little energy to work in your own bubble, but as people start to come into your bubble, it gets harder and more energy must be spent to do work as people get involved in your bubble.

An extrovert is very comfortable working outside of their bubbles, we are comfortable working in other people's bubbles. If we are able to work outside of our solo bubble, work is easy, very little energy being expended, but when we have to work alone, all inside our bubble, it is harder and requires more energy.

It is very important to note that these tendencies are not exclusive. An introvert can function as an extrovert, and vice versa, but it is harder to do and requires more energy.

That's what I remember about introvert and extrovert.

I also vividly remember the Intuitive v Sensing breakdown. Intuitive people are big picture people; generalists. They like to be given the big picture and work from there. When given a task, the Intuitive person would rather have a defined goal and then be left alone, and the Sensing person wants to have a step by step progression. Sensing people are detail oriented.

The Intuitive Person is the guy who walks into a room, puts his keys down and immediately loses them; attention to detail is the Sensing person's realm. The details tend to get in the way of the Intuitive person.

Again this is about expending energy vs comfort. Intuitives expend very little energy in attacking the big picture, but can be overdrained and overwhelmed by the steps and process that makes the Sensing person comfortable.

I am a highly intuitive person. It is both a blessing and a curse. I did real well in math until calculus, because I could not follow the progressions. Even in Algebra, Geometry and Trig, I was using the big picture to solve my problems: working backwards from multiple choice tests, and had huge problems when I actually had to follow  steps to the letter. Calc was a waste of time. Chemistry; I can still remember lots of stuff, theories, equations, properties of elements, I can still set up most of the heavy equations, but I have the hardest time computing them...

I wish that more people would look to tests such as the Meyer's-Briggs. I have found it immensely helpful in my roles of coach and instructor. It really helps to have things explained in the manner in which you are comfortable. Intuitive vs Sensing, I believe are the 2 most important in terms of education and educating. Nothing is worse than feeling as if you are drowning in a sea of information, or that you are being tied down by all the details. Of course the other groupings are important, but I have gotten the most use out of the I vs S category.

The two people I have run seminars with have the same basic knowledge that I have, but they are highly Sensing and I am highly Intuitive. This works great because we can give people the same information in a manner that will be well received and easy to process.

Ron