who said it was spam?

On 2/10/06, Ron Watson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I recently sent off a Shameless Self Promotion note to this list. I have realized since that it is considered spamming to ask people to check out a piece of work. If that was not spam, disregard this entire note. If you think it was read on and let's discuss this.

I wanted people from this list to see the piece, as I was proud of it. It was a project instead of a simple vlog entry. I guess I am not allowed to do that because it is spamming.

I might be out of line her; misunderstanding something, or maybe I didn't read the rules, but isn't that a problem? Aren't we on here to talk about vlogging? To share our stuff with eachother, not just the technical mumbo-jumbo, or philosophical concepts, but the stuff that we do.

There are 5345 vlogs listed in mefeedia these days. How do we get people to see things that we feel are good pieces if we are not community celebrities?

This list alone occupies a good deal of time for all of us daily. Most of it is stuff that I am not really interested in. Is that spam? How can I keep in touch with this list and get to see new faces and ideas in the vlogging world. Somebody has to tell me, as I am very busy with my own stuff, as I am sure all of you are as well.

My point is that if we cannot send an email to this list asking for others that are doing the same things as we are, only totally different, to check it out and comment on it, what good is this list?

I have posted about 30 videos, I think I have asked the list to check out this one, that's it. Why? Because I thought it was pretty good. It was edited from 5 hours of video, the project is 40 gb. There are several really nice shots, from a cinematographic standpoint. I really wanted to get some feedback from it.

As I said before, I might be out of line here, totally missing the point about spamming. If that note that I sent asking people to check out a piece of mine that I worked hard on, and thought was good, was spam, then I think that is a problem with this list.