schlomo,
yep, a few people i have seen using it... though its actually feedblitzt and they are partnered with feedburner.  like i said, feedblitz has got some good tech but i dislike their look and feel.
others have expressed this opinion too so i bet they will wake up and clean up.  but its a cool service of course.  others are out there... and this year i am sure more and more will pop up.
bottom line is.... many people are less geek than us and many of these people would like to subscribe to you.  we cant expect them all to learn how to use new software and web sites, though many will.  The email option, whether just for alerts or to receive the entire content of a post, is a good thing that many are going to appreciate.

sull