This is the exact same subject I was going to approach after Bill
posted the survey showing that people prefer watching video on their
television screens.  The whole thing makes sense because you get to
sit on a comfy couch and the video takes up the whole screen... who
WOULDN'T want to watch all their favorite shows like that...

As someone raised on Star Trek, though, I understand that we must find
a way (besides TiVo, which is not available up here in Canada) to make
it easier to place our favorite web-based content on our big screen TVs.

[I wrote a whole bunch of other stuff here, but I ended up just
babbling.]  The truth is, we basically have all the technology we need
right now... we just need:

a) someone to explain exactly how to set everything up or someone to
put out a product that will open internet content to our television
screens;
b) to make sure our videoblogs are good quality so that they look and
sound alright when they're blown up to fit our TV screens.

I'm needed on the bridge,
Kitka out.

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Deirdre Straughan

http://publications.mediapost.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=Articles.showArticleHomePage&art_aid=39848

> Points North: Consumers Crave Web-Based TV by Gavin O'Malley,
Wednesday, Feb
> 15, 2006 6:01 AM EST  ONLINE MEDIA COMPANIES MUST ARRANGE to make their
> content available on consumers' TV screens as well as their PCs.
That's the
> conclusion of new Points North Group research to be released today,
which
> found that while 25 percent of Internet users are interested in watching
> downloaded TV shows and movies on their PCs, 38 percent expressed
interest
> in watching that same video on their TVs.
>
> "Getting Web-based content to the TV should be the industry's
primary goal
> and will unlock by far the biggest revenue opportunities," Stewart
Wolpin,
> senior consulting analyst for Points North Group, said in a statement.
>
> Interest in watching content on TV is even stronger among 18-
> to-34-year-olds--at 68 percent, compared with the 45 percent
interested in
> watching on PCs--concluded the study, conducted in association with
Horowitz