On 2/18/06, David Howell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Depending on your FTP client, you should be able to highlight them all
and select "move".

If you are using a commands, then, rename [filename]
[new/path/to/filename]. Example: rename test.html mydir/test.html
(where "mydir" is a sub-directory of the directory test.html is
located in)

this is kind of what i was thinking, but there are hundreds of files that need to be moved.

i.e.

rename media/videodirectory media/newvideodirectory

?

I just don't wanna try it and f something up royally

David
http://www.taoofdavid.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Adam Quirk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have a bunch of large files in a directory on my web server, and
want them
> in a different directory on the same web server
>
> Is there a way to move them without physically copying them to the new
> folder?  Like the Cut & Paste function in Windows?
>
> Sorry I'm off topic, but Google wasn't helping.

Individual Fireant Use

Individual Fireant Use