The only thing that I can add to these two is that in most cases if wordpress isn't doing something that you want you can hack it and there are a few plugins already out there.

But, blogspot is good for the time or technology-restricted people....it's free, that's a biggie.

(if you can wrangle yourself a dreamhost account it is pretty easy to set up wordpress with them)