Friday, February 24, 2006, 6:41:07 AM, kelly belly wrote:

> I have a Maxtor One Touch 300GB that I've been using for a while now. It
> hasn't given me any problems (knock wood).

I have had more failures with Maxtor drives than any other sort,
including a 250GB One Touch which gave up on me last year. I've
decided not to buy them any more despite the usually tempting prices.

Each time this happens I usually lose some video footage - the trouble
is it is just too big to back up to anything other than another hard
drive (except possibly to DV tape as data, which I will admit I have
never tried, only having got a DV camera relatively recently).

--
Frank Carver   http://www.makevideo.org.uk