On 2/24/06, Soumyadeep Paul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Well... since you mention A.R.Rahman, I thought perhaps the (only?) Indian here should pitch in his two cents. ...

 And welcome! Thanks for the interesting stuff about Bollywood. I suspected, but didn't know it went that far, and my perception of Indian films is a bit warped (see http://www.beginningwithi.com/Woodstock/bollywood.htm )

Obviously, things are not as they should be. We all know that... and I believe that at the very heart, this ongoing media revolution is nothing but letting the market decide what's right and wrong instead of corporate players. So, whatever your policy is Dierdre, I don't think there is a black-or-white explanation.

No, there never is.

In a way, I was hoping that those 37 seconds would give AR Rahman a bit of exposure to audiences who probably don't know him. From the opening bars of Lagaan, I thought "This composer is amazing! He should be working in Hollywood!" Andrew Lloyd Weber and a few others agreed, and I'm very much looking forward to hearing his work (co-composer) on the new "Lord of the Rings" musical. The snippet they used to have on the website was amazing.

--
best regards,
Deirdré Straughan

www.beginningwithi.com (personal)