tough not to reiterate here....

myspace is good for what its good for and who its good for...
i do believe that if most myspacecadets had a crash course on how to setup their own 'my space'.... they would probably entertain it and likely utilize both parts of the network.

speaking of the parts of the network.... the vast machine that we flow through... its obvious that a sort of blunt service that lets you sling digital artifacts of self and _expression_ onto digital 'pages'.... and simple methods to interconnect with people,  has a powerful lure.... mainly to younger, dare i say lazier, people.  those who could care less about good aesthetic presentation and just want to cut through the chase and get to it....

see me, message me, dig me, screw me, dont kill me.

its sort of like, what many people think of when they here New York.  they think of the crazy city but not the bulk of the state that is more..... balanced or dulled down etc...
myspace is like the big city of the net.   its crazy, loud,  obnoxious yet  you are surrounded by people everywhere... expressing  themselves.  being LOUD.

the blogosphere is like the rest of the state.  all that exists as well, but its less crazed, more spread out, organized.

I love the city, but i also love escaping it and retreating to the more sane spaces of my world.  eventually, people on myspace will prob do the same.... as they discover who they are and what they want to do..... and that most of their 'relationships' are hollow, are shallow, are fake.  and too many relationships ends up draining.  is human spam.

its good that it exists.  like i said about youtube, when people come looking for better ways to connect and distribute content, they'll find it and a community will be in place to help.

if you use myspace.... even the more structured areas... fine. get what you want to get out of it..... be careful not to waste your time.  make sure you are not being abused my the service.  consider learning about alternatives and if a realization occurs, spread the word and show others the way out.

sull

On 2/27/06, Jay dedman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Although myspace may wither or die out - it's likely that the relationships, contacts and
> viewers you develop last well beyond myspace's lifespan...
> Will
> http://www.tiny-tube.com

very very true.
i like media that lasts...but te relationships that form are alos very
important.

none of my criticisms are meant to poo-poo MySpace interactions..i
just want the younger generations(haha im 32)...to learn to document
and make their creations last.
it makes them and all of us better when we have a memory.

if i put effort and time somewhere, i want it to last.

jay

--
Adventures in Videoblogging
< http://www.momentshowing.net>