ps: if you're not familiar with all these steps, set apart a weekend for it. An experienced person might do it in a few hours or less.

Peter

On 3/5/06, Peter Van Dijck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
ok, then you need to find info on the MT website.

The basic steps will be these:

1. backup your files to your local computer
2. backup your database (you know how to do this?)
3. Now you can either start a new MT install on your new host, and import all your entries (using MT's import/export mechanism), OR attempt to transfer your entire install by ftp-ing all the files, re-creating your database, chmodding all the right directories. I am not sure which approach is better.

You need to find the right details on the MT website, since this can be pretty complex.

Good luck!
Peter