That solves the issue for browsers that automatically recognized feeds
for the specific site you're visiting (for example, Firefox's little
orange square in the URL feed)...

However, the WP feed will still be accessible from
domain.com/wordpress/feed/

The plugin automatically redirects ALL requests to the WP feed.  The
alternate link is merely a meta declaration that specifies an
alternative format - it has nothing to do with redirects.

Anyways, I highly recommend every site that has a feed put the
following in their <head>...

<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS 2.0"
href="http://feeds.feedburner.com/vlogmap"; />
<link rel="alternate" type="text/xml" title="RSS .92"
href="http://feeds.feedburner.com/vlogmap"; />
<link rel="alternate" type="text/rdf+xml" title="RDF"
href="http://feeds.feedburner.com/vlogmap"; />
<link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="Atom 0.3"
href="http://feeds.feedburner.com/vlogmap"; />

Of course you'll need to change the link to your specific feed.

-Matt
http://vlogmap.org
http://ridertech.com
http://leanbackvids.com