--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> >>If I were you...first, I would buy another drive. You are going to
end
> up needing it in the long run anyways.<<
>
> Normally, I would.  I'm a computer engineer by trade, so this sort of
> thing is not foreign to me.
>
> Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, this also means buying another
> computer.  I haven't tried IEEE 1394 external drives, but USB external
> drives are too slow to be useful in this situation, and my only
> workstation with any real horsepower is a laptop.

I purchased an external hard drive, but I only need it for old
episodes that I filmed on my regular digital camera.  Now that I have
a DV Cam, I can just store the tapes... same with you, if you have a
DV Cam, don't worry about a hard drive... you can always burn your
AVIs to DVD anyways.

> My plan, in the long run, is to buy a "media center" PC to hook up
to my
> HDTV, soup up the drives on it, and use that as my video workstation in
> addition to other things.

This man has good priorities... can I be your roomate?

Kitka
http://www.kitkast.com/