Wordpress definately allows embed and any HTML.  It's setup to be easy
for those who don't know HTML with the visual editor for inputting a
blog entry.  The visual editor restricts HTML usage.  But the visual
editor can be turned off and any HTML can be put in.  You can see
tests of embedded videos running on Wordpress 2 at
http://www.utilities.cinegage.com/vpip-test-page/ and
http://www.utilities.cinegage.com/lo-fi-saint-louis-flash-sample/ .

  -- Enric

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Nerissa \(TheVideoQueen\)"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have to recommend that all new video bloggers should avoid using
wordpress as their blog service or software of choice.  I discovered
that wordpress doesn't allow most html code--this inlcudes all <embed>
and <object> tags.

>   After a videoblogger contacted me about my fvc codes not working
in wordpress 2.0, i got my own account at wordpress, tested fvc video
codes and researched support for video in their forum posts.

>   In other words, wordpress doesnt allow embeded video players on
wordpress....unless they're from youtube or google (because wordpress
made special tags for their code)

open player in new windows either (ie www.embedthevideo.com)

>   The video blogger who contacted me said wordpress 1.5 worked with
embed video codes just fine, now with wordpress 2.0 his video blog is
a complete redo.

>   Nerissa
>
>   PS-- Irony here... wordpress say it's video rules are for their
bloggers safety, but as a new wordpress blogger I was subjected to
having to go though several 'unverified' security certificates while
setting up and logging into my new account this afternoon.