Hey David,

Thanks for joining the group, and everyone else is welcome, too!

As I mentioned in my previous reply, we're adding new capacity again.
 We're also working to improve our video distribution system (which
allows us to serve videos from multiple server locations) to help
alleviate the problem.  We actually think that those tweaks will make
a huge difference.

We're finishing up a round of angel funding right now, and the new
money will really help us stay on top of performance issues.  Until
the last few weeks we've been funding blip.tv totally out of pocket --
basically taking a slice off our paychecks every week to keep
everything running.  Now that we have a little bit more money to spend
we'll hopefully be able to have more than adequate capacity available
at all times.

Between that and the tweaks to our distribution system, I think we'll
have these problems fixed very quickly.

Thanks again for sticking with us through these sometimes tough times!

Yours,

Mike
Co-founder, blip.tv

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "David Howell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I agree. Blip has generally always been on the ball with resolving
> issues there. I wasnt sure if it was my connection or not? After a
> couple more tests, I am now pretty sure it's not me.
>
> To be honest, I didnt even know there was a Blip group on Yahoo. If
> they dont know about the issue, I'll see if I can join the group and
> inform them of it.
>
> Thanks
>
> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Devlon <duthied@> wrote:
> >
> > I am sure the gang at blip is doing everything they can to resolve the
> > issue.  They have always been very attentive to problems.
> >
> > For a free service with a ton of features, they kick ass.
> >
> > You could post a message to the blip users group list?
> >
> > --
> > ~Devlon
> > http://loadedpun.com
> > http://mefeedia.com
> >
> > On 3/24/06, Jeff Marquis <jeff@> wrote:
> > >  I'm with you on this one.  Blip was driving me nuts last night with
> > >  the download stalls.  I finally gave up.  I'll try again tonight.
> > >
> > >  I have seen sporadic "slow-downs" over the past week.  At first, I
> > >  thought maybe they were doing maintenance or something, but I
> > >  officially stopped thinking that last night.
> > >
> > >  I think somebody needs to tweak their servers, or add some more.
> > >
> > >  Jeff Marquis
> > >  tidbitvids.com
> > >

> > >  --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "David Howell" <taoofdavid@>
> > >  wrote:
> > >  >
> > >  > I'm starting to think not a week goes by that I dont post this
> question.
> > >  >
> > >  > Anyone else experiencing slowness with Blip? It's been going on
> for me
> > >  > for 2 days with any vloggers site I visit that has their work
> on Blip.
> > >  > Got so bad for me that I finally just went and uploaded a copy
> to my
> > >  > own server so that people could actually watch the video.
> > >  >
> > >  > I'm trying to figure out if it's just my connection or Blip.
> However
> > >  > there are no problems for me with line speed tests or any other
> sites
> > >  > not hosting videos on Blip.
> > >  >
> > >  > David
> > >  > http://www.davidhowellstudios.com
> > >  >

> > >  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > >
> > >  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.