The Week of Vlogging Dangerously/Vlog Week 2006

OK, I realize it's already "tomorrow" in some parts of the world, so
let's get started!

A lot of folks contributed time, space, announcements... it's turning
into a bit of a hodge-podge of leadership. Nonetheless, I said I'd
compile stuff, and I am doing so.

DATES:
April 3-9 Monday through Sunday. Post a vlog each day for all 7 days.
If you come in late, post a vlog each day and maybe catch up on the
weekend. If you stop vlogging halfway through the week, catch up on
the weekend. No excuses!

BLOG:
http://videobloggingweek2006.blogspot.com
Not sure if this is just announcements or videos. Steve?

BANNERS:
http://michaelverdi.com/vbw06
http://vlogmatic.com/vbweek2006.htm

TAGGING:
It will make the project much easier if you tag your videos, at
*least* with a Technorati tag.

Peter and Devlon: can we set up a (public?) Mefeedia feed with the
listed participants as the "to be watched" list? Is that possible? If
so, then folks could tag them themselves while watching in Mefeedia,
and it would set up the RSS feed quickly for me (another vlogger's
helpfully given a possible space for the public feed as well).

On Technorati:
http://technorati.com/tag/videobloggingweek2006

To tag your video, add this to your post:
videobloggingweek2006</a>

[Yes, there are a gazillion ways to do this. This is one of them.]

If you like, you could also add a "vloggingdangerously" tag, if you're
specifically taking risks this week for your vlog.

On MeFeedia;
http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2006/

To tag your video:
Sign in to Mefeedia.com
Subscribe to your own feed.
Go to Watch to view your video queue.
Click a video in your queue.
Click "Tag this" to tag the video.
Type "videobloggingweek2006" in the field and click the TAG! button.

Add yourself to Eyespot:
http://eyespot.com/groups/videobloggingweek2006
[I'm not sure what the value is to this; if you don't add yourself
this week, is it OK to do so next week?]

DANGEROUS!

During the week, I'll email the "dangerous" ideas to the list.
Everyone is welcome to contribute suggestions. No one is required to
follow any of the dangerous suggestions, or even to vlog dangerously.
You determine for yourself what is "danger." The idea is to take a
risk of some kind with your vlog. Perhaps that's a risk that you take
personally and then videoblog, or perhaps it's a risk that you take
involving your vlog.

First dangerous idea, inspired by Naked Verdi and others: Vlog your
daily shower or bath. How much you show or don't is up to you. If you
vlog yourself x-rated, PLEASE provide some kind of disclaimer. Cause,
you know, some people have small children or weak stomaches. ;)

CURRENT PARTICIPANTS:
We'll have a single page feed for all of these, as soon as it's set up
(working on it). If you're participating but absolutely don't want to
be in a web-based feed, let me know.

Also, please check to make sure you are listed and I have your
videoblog's URL and your name spelled correctly. If I missed you, it
was not a deliberate slight, so speak up, please.

Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen      http://www.solitude.dk/
Anthony http://completelyknown.com
Bekah   http://missbhavens.blogspot.com
Bev Sykes       http://funnytheblog.blogspot.com/