Hello Josh,

Here's some info on rel-prefetch:

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/netlib/Link_Prefetching_FAQ.html

(I believe the term "prefetch", in this case, comes from SMIL.  And is somewhat meant to mimic it's usage.)

On this page, the info is pertaining to using rel-prefetch is with the HTML <link> element.

However, like with all usage of the "rel" and "rev" attributes.  It can be equally applied to the <a> element too.

Note (in case it isn't clear), the sematics of each (as I understand them) is as follows:

rel-prefetch: This means: pre-download this.  (It says nothing about any extra relation between the target and the document though.  Like if it is "attached" or not.)

rel-enclosure: This means: this thing is "attached" to this document.  (Often this causes user-agents to pre-download it.  But they don't have to.  All this says it that the target is attached to the document.)

See ya