Anne and I are looking at getting a dv camcoder in the next few days.
 I will have to get a firewire card for my pc, but that's fine.  The
camera records to a dv tape.  Now when I capture to the pc (preimiere,
virtualdub, whatever) this is goiing to come in the same as if I were
capturing from our old analog camcorder via my tv-tuner card, yes?

Depends on what you mean by "the same".  Before I bought the dv camcorder
I have now, I did some test shots with a High 8 camcorder and dumped via
an s-video-to-USB-converter.  The quality was crap.  A dump of dv over
firewire is going to look a lot nicer and is more likely to be free of
defects.

If you mean to ask if it's a similar capture process, then they're
somewhat comparable.

--
Rhett.