From: Bill Streeter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, April 07, 2006 11:46 AM
To: videoblogging@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [videoblogging] Re: How Much Time Do You Spend Editing?

I edit in Final Cut Pro and I have spent as little as an hour and as
much as 10 or 15 hours over a few days editing. The live music
pieces I post are ussually pretty quick edits (ussually about an
hour). And the documentary pieces I've done take much longer. Just
look under the categories on my site for examples.

Bill Streeter
LO-FI SAINT LOUIS
www.lofistl.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Monique Danielle"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello Vloggers,
>
> I'm curious about how much times folks spend editing and what
programs they
> use? Also how often do you vlog, as that impacts time available to
edit?

> I'm using Adobe Premiere and my editing skills are extremely
undeveloped
> (dare I say, they suck!). Anyway, I would love for folks to reply
to this
> post by linking directly to a video or two and telling how long it
took them
> to film and edit each video, and what editing software they are
using. And,
> how often they vlog.  I'm trying to get an idea of what I should
be shooting
> for.
>
> The Adobe Premiere help files are pretty good, but I'm still
missing alot of
> the power of the program. Do you know of any good
online/interactive
> tutorials?
>
> I have three vlogs and I'm trying to decide how to approach them:
> 1. VlogDiva - I would like to post weekly there. My favorite entry
is
> 'Characteristics of Bad Website Design', but believe it or not it
took me a
> long time to edit that video. So I'm starting to think that I'm
just going
> to read from a prompter. I spend so much time writing the script
that I dont
> want to have to spend a bunch of time memorizing and editing to.
>
> 2. VlogChallenge - That one is easy because all I'm going to do is
film
> myself announcing a challenge. But if I can get enough
participants each
> week I would also like to make a remix of all entries for a given
challenge.

> 3. ShopSWFL - This regional community site has a ton of back end
> functionality, but no content and is basically a shell right now.
But once I
> launch in a few weeks I would like to start doing a daily vlog
where I film
> people and places in and around SWFL for two to four minutes.  I'm
curious
> to see if anyone else is doing this - I would like to see how they
are doing
> it, what the quality is, etc.
>
>  Cheers
> Monique Danielle