This is beginning to seem almost reminiscent of the "Blogumentary"
episode that transpired a few months ago. This is quite the
reactionary group, and history has demonstrated that when this group
is united around a particular, results are definitely within the
realm of possibility. Now, the power of people in numbers is
something I'm certainly down with, but let's attempt to look at this
from Veoh's perspective as well.

Veoh needs content so they've decided to utilize a spider to do so, I
don't know whether this spider results in pulling the video's from
the HTML or if it's spidering RSS feeds. Assuming that it's spidering
RSS feeds, it seems to me that they should set up a sort of moderated
spider. Each feed that they've discovered and want to add should have
a website instantiated for it with as much information as can be
automatically filled in from the feed along with an activation link.
Then, a staff member at Veoh can go through this list of pending
feeds and reference the contact info on each of these sources and
then send him or her an invitation which contains a link so that the
user has a 1-click opt-in process available for them along with a
personal (stock) invitation to participate in their network.

As Veoh is a for-profit service with terms of service associated with
it, I don't believe that they can really get away with transcoding
and re-hosting CC videos either. Further, let's be clear on one
factor here -- they are not even allowing non-registered visitors to
see the entire video, which means that Veoh is forcing viewers who
stumble onto my, or any other videobloggers video, through their
website to register on the site to even see the video which they are
using without my permission in the first place.

Josh