On Apr 8, 2006, at 5:06 PM, David Howell wrote:

> Coulds, shoulds, and woulds.
>
> The fact is that I didnt. The fact is that the videos are my property.
> The fact is that Veoh is using my content to make money.

Veoh is making money off of your advertisement? Thats kinda weird.

> If you are telling me that the "system" is to take someone elses
> property and make money off it then they might as well come in my
> house and take my television or stereo.

YouTube does it. Google does it. Yahoo does it.

> Better yet, take my truck out
> of the driveway because they saw me driving in it and thought it
> looked good.
>
> I dont think you would be too happy if I took a Rocketboom episode,
> lopped off the front and back of it and said it was mine. Would you?

The point is, if you did that, you would just be hurting yourself,
just like Veoh is really hurting themselves right now. They will down
quickly for keeping it up.

> My copyright is clear and precise. What they have done is pure theft.
> I'll see them in court over this. Plain and simple.

I think you have a case and the laws support you on this. But I find
it a bit sad because it all comes down to intent and your intent is
to advertise a message and I feel like you are just shooting yourself
in the foot for not being able to adapt to your environment, thick or
thin.

Right now you are all steamed and pissed off and considering wasting
a lot of time and money on legal action and when the judge asks you
what you lost from this, what are you going to say? You lost people
who would have never found you?