Hello Josh,

The HTTP "no-cache" header does NOT just pertain to browser caching.  It's also used by transparent web caches, and other web caching systems.  Caching, on the web, takes place at all sorts of places and on all sorts of levels.  (You're ISP is very very likely doing alot of caching, and serving your cached data even though you don't know it.  And these web caches [are suppose to] pay attention to the HTTP "no-cache" header.)

Also, as I mentioning, I was NOT trying to address all the points you made.  Just one of them.  Just caching.  (I'm not trying to take anything away from any of you other points.  Just trying to contribute to the discussion.)

This issue of the HTTP "no-cache" header seems very relevant since this web caching (particularly with transparent caches) "downloads and redistributes" content.  And, over and over again, this has been held up as being legal in court.  And this applys to some of what people here (including you) are saying that Veoh did wrong.

(And I hope everyone reads this last paragraph, and doesn't just skip/ignore it and just respond to the othe stuff I wrote.)  I'm not trying to say what Veoh has done wasn't wrong.  I'm just thinking out loud.  If this goes to court, Veoh's lawyers are going to say all this.  So why wouldn't we bring up these points amoung ourselves too?!  And consider all this with as much information as we can?!

See ya