The shows that are in the US such as WebJunk on VH1, I believe when
you upload the video to IFilm, which is where WebJunk gets the
videos, you waive your rights to any profits, you are "allowing" them
to use your video.  I could be wrong on that but I am pretty sure
that is what there TOA states.....of course the real question comes
into play what if someone "other" than the content creater uploaded
the video........

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Deirdre Straughan"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> One aspect of all this that I find interesting is that the MSM
itself
> often gives links to such clips hosted on YouTube or whatever,
without
> mentioning that the existence of that clip in that place is in fact
> illegal - I suppose because it's a convenient way for them to
> illustrate a news story without having to get permission to host the
> clips themselves. This could easily mislead the public to assume
that
> whatever they see posted online is therefore legal - "But I saw it
in
> the New York Times!"
>
> I'm also seeing a lot of stories about TV shows made up of clips
found
> online. I can't see them myself since I'm not in the US, but I
wonder:
> are the producers getting permission from the clip owners? I know
that
> Tivo has a deal with Rocketboom and Akimbo with Steve Garfield, but
> those are running as series. Have any original clips from
> videobloggers been shown on TV and, if so, with permission?
>
> Some of my own work is shown on an obscure satellite channel on Sky
in
> Italy, with my permission, by nessuno.tv. I don't have Sky so I've
> never actually seen this and don't know how it's presented, but I
> include my URL in the credits, so hopefully I get a bit of traffic
> from it...
>

> On 4/10/06, Joshua Kinberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > vSocial has received over 20 million views for a single Family Guy
> > clip ("Its Peanut Butter Jelly Time"). Doesn't matter if its
Family
> > Guy or Michael Verdi, that content requires permission. 20 million
> > views in just a few months is an amazing statistic, and I'm also
> > willing to bet that this single clip (and perhaps a few other
clips
> > uploaded by a minority of users who regularly violate the terms of
> > service on vSocial) easily account for the lion's share of
traffic the
> > site has received. Its vSocial's best performing piece of content
and
> > I'm willing to bet they do not have permission to distribute it,
but
> > yet they directly benefit from distributing the clip. It drives
> > traffic to their site where they display ads and sponsored links.
It